Happy Monday, friends! How did last week treat you? How did you treat YOURSELF? I hope that you’re taking a little bit of time for you! I love that we have this little community!
For the most part, this week went much better. I ate breakfast most mornings, I put on real clothes, and I enjoyed a fun Mommy Playdate with some friends. The one thing that I am going to change this week is to have specific – very specific – goals. I didn’t exercise at all this past week, and that’s because I kept putting it off.
I’ll do it tomorrow. I have plenty of time. I’m too tired today. I’ll be sore if I do it now. I don’t want to get sweaty. Yeah, I’ll do it tomorrow.
Sure enough, the whole week slipped by and because I didn’t have an actionable goal, I didn’t have to live up to it. This week I am trying something different – each of my goals are specific and measurable. And I am making sure that I exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. I have gained about 5-7 pounds – just an educated guess, I haven’t weighed myself to be sure. It’s not much – but for me that’s a whole jeans size. I’d really love to get back to where my clothes fit and I feel better about myself – and I think in order to do that, I’m going to need to set measurable and doable goals for myself.
Is there something like this in your own life? Like me, have you been setting vague goals for yourself? Are you willing to work WITH me this week? I’d love to know that I’m not alone!
Last week’s goals ~
Keep hydrated with water and coconut water. This week I’m gonna kick it up a notch and set definite goals.
- ~ Eat a healthy breakfast/brunch each morning. I did a better job of this – remembering/making time to eat every morning except Sunday. I wish I had snapped a picture of the yummy spinach/egg bake that my Beloved made this week. Delish!
- ~ Get my heart pumping at least 3 days each week with exercise. I was pretty abysmal at this over the past week. I didn’t work out once. I got up nice and early to have a little quiet time before things got crazy around the house. I’m changing up my routine a bit so that I can get back on track with getting/staying healthy.
Get dressed in REAL CLOTHES and not stay in my comfy sweats. I shared this picture on Facebook and Instagram. Child: “THAT’S what you’re wearing to church?!” No, but it is what moms wear until exactly 12. 4965 seconds until they walk out the door because they are so busy getting everyone else ready. Am I right? *wink* We were visiting a new church yesterday – I’m sure a bathrobe would’ve made quite an impression!
Do TWO things every day just for me – (listen to a podcast, read a book, play the piano). I read some great books, mostly. I also played the piano, baked an apple crisp to share with friends just because it sounded good, and watched an episode of Call the Midwife on Netflix
Make an appointment to see my counselor.
Plan a “Mommy Playdate” with other grown-ups. I was in charge of the activity/lesson for our homeschool co-op group’s meeting just for moms this month – so I used this time to have a little fun! There were 13 of us, and we played a hilarious game of Apples to Apples together! It was so much fun to be playing a game with other grownups!
Make a list of free or inexpensive ways we can all take a little time for ourselves to share here on the blog. Yes!!! Look for more news about this very soon!
Get up early enough (5:30-6:00AM most days) to have a quiet time before the day begins for the rest of the house. Yawn… Yep! I was able to get out of bed early enough every morning except yesterday (Sunday) to have a quiet time before the rest of the house began stirring – which really gave my a boost to my whole day! I’ll be adding in the element of exercise this next week – so we’ll see how that goes!
Curl up in bed with a book and my Beloved by 10pm most nights to get a good night’s sleep. Are we GoodReads buddies yet? Find awesome books and check out what your friends are reading!
This week’s goals ~
- ~ Drink 60 oz. of water each day, and coconut water at least twice this week.
- ~ Eat a healthy breakfast (or brunch) each morning.
- ~ Remove my old polish and apply new polish to my tootsies.
- ~ Clean out my purse.
- ~ Put on real clothes during the work week – stay away from my comfy sweats until after supper or over the weekend.
- ~ Take multivitamins each morning.
- ~ Visit my counselor once this week.
- ~ Work out for at least 10 minutes EACH day.
- ~ Make more facial oil cleanser by Tuesday. I’m almost out!
- ~ Do at least ONE thing every day just for myself – even if it’s just for a 5 minutes.
How About You? ~
I’ll be sharing even more of my progress on Facebook and Instagram this week, and I’d love it if you joined me. It would be way more fun with you! Let’s find a second to actually SIT DOWN today and just breathe. Let’s put our health, our hearts, and our heads back on the to-do list – and let’s start taking better care of ourselves today!