Happy Tuesday, my friends! Are you enjoying spring weather wherever you live? I am loving opening the windows, feeling the sunshine on my skin, and spending time outdoors! I hope that no matter what kind of weather you’re having, you’re taking a little time to care for YOU!
About a month ago, my friend Erin approached me and asked if I would like to review some of her amazing Shaklee products. I’ve heard so many good things about the company, so I jumped at the chance to try their vitamins. I have been making an effort to take daily vitamins over the last few months – and these Shaklee Vitalizer Women vitamins did not disappoint!
Erin gave me one month’s supply of multivitamins. Each day’s packet included advanced multivitamins, B and C complex, omega-3 fatty acids, carotenoids, vitamin E, and a probiotic. That’s a lot of good stuff!
Taking six vitamins each morning was a new experience, but it was soon part of my usual routine. When I handed out superhero vitamins to the boys, I remembered to take mine. Only a couple of days in, I was already feeling more energy – which is HUGE for a mom to three energetic boys! That was the biggest change that I saw – I was no longer struggling to stay awake in the afternoons. I kept on trucking right through our day – keeping up with the boys every step of the day!
I am so grateful to Erin for the opportunity to try and review her Shaklee vitamins! If you have any questions at all about the vitamins or other Shaklee products, be sure to contact Erin. She’ll help you out!
What about you? Have you found vitamins or supplements that give you the power to get through the day? I’d love to hear about it!
Last Week’s Goals ~
Drink plenty of water this week, and add sea salt to keep up my electrolytes. Maybe try coconut water! This week I added sea salt into my water intake, and I also drank coconut water in place of Gatorade. No more sugar crashes! The coconut water took a day or so to get used to, but now I love it! I’ve made drinking it part of my afternoon routine – and I really look forward to sipping on it each day! I’m not sure how long I’ll keep it up, but I’ll do it again this week.
Exercise at least three times. Breaking news: I actually worked out 8 times last week! I couldn’t believe it as I added them up on my fingers. I did two Winsor Pilates videos, two Anna Kaiser arms workouts, one Anna Kaiser abs video, two elliptical workouts at the gym, and one run. Whew! I certainly didn’t plan that schedule, but it really did feel good to be so active and taking care of my body!
I had an audience for one of my Pilates workouts…
Tackle more of my side writing project.
Ask my friend what kind of mascara she uses. I’ve always admired her looooong lashes. I know it’s genetic, but I still want to know what brand of mascara she uses. My CoverGirl Outlast tube is about gone. I finally asked my friend Becky what brand of mascara she uses. She has killer lashes! She recommended Maybelline’s Lash Discovery. I love the tiny brush! I’ll keep experimenting with it, but I was really happy with the look so far!
- Get up at 0530 every morning to write, exercise, and have a head start on my day. I did this every day but over the weekend. I took the opportunity to snuggle and sleep in a little with my Beloved!
- Participate in the #StyleMeMay fashion challenge on Instagram. I’ve had blast in April’s challenge, and I can’t wait to see what fun things are in store for May! It’s free, and all it takes is some creativity with the clothes that one already has in their closet! This goal pretty much didn’t happen all week. I ended up wearing workout gear for most of the week, and I exercised quite a bit because of it!
Here’s one of the few normal outfits that I wore all week… My J.Crew sweatshirt dress that I found on rock-bottom clearance sale when I visited Omaha last month! I paired it with my teal Converse sneakers, and it was the perfect comfy mom-on-the-go outfit for our school day, field trip, and park playdate!
Take care of my rough winter feet. *shudder* How do you get your footsies flip-flop ready? I tried the peroxide/baking soda paste that I’ve seen floating around Pinterest lately to remove some of the leftover old polish stains.
My beautiful friend Jen surprised me last week! After she read how I wanted to get my feet flip-flop ready, she gave me a wonderful goodie bag with a few of her favorite things! A pumice sponge that sloughed off the rough skin, Burt’s Bees honey & lavender lotion which made my feet so soft, and this awesome color of Sally Hansen polish!
Thank you so much, Jen! My feet are forever grateful!!! Look at how perfectly the polish matches my new sandals!
Do two things on the list of activities that I enjoy. I taught my sons the basics of playing Heart & Soul on my birthday present!
I also played a long Connect 4 tournament with all three of my boys – finally, a game that I can win!
The only thing I love more than playing my birthday present is listening to my Beloved playing it! We are letting it get acclimated to our house before we have it tuned next week – and then our new “baby” will sound so much better!
- Don’t be so hard on myself – find ways to give myself a little grace. This is such a hard thing for me. Have you ever tried saying affirmations to yourself in front of a mirror? I can’t do it without cracking up laughing – even when I try to be serious!
Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair by 2200 at night. I think that I fell asleep on the Story Chair every night except over the weekend. Maybe the extra exercise wore me out. Every night I would sit down to write or read, and I would fall asleep!
This Week’s Goals ~
- Continue getting enough hydration throughout the day – sea salt water and coconut water.
- Exercise at least 4 times this week.
- Finish writing and editing Chapter 11 of Our Story.
- Be up by 0600 every morning except the weekend to enjoy quiet time, reading, writing, and exercising.
- Go to my annual eye exam. Those air puffer machines terrify me!
- Prepare some deployment love notes for my Beloved, and really live in the moment – enjoying every last second with him before he leaves.
- Devote time to a new blog project.
- Eat a good breakfast every morning.
- Clean my makeup brushes.
- Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair with a good book by 2200.
How are you taking a little time for yourself? I would love to keep in touch this week as we work together to take better care of ourselves! You can find me on Facebook and Instagram, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest group board ~ Taking Care of Ourselves!