Happy Monday, my friends! How was your week? I had a fabulous weekend! So many wonderful things happened, and I can’t wait to share more with you!
On top of my birthday surprise arriving on Saturday, I also held a baby bunny! It’s scientifically impossible to have a bad day when you’re holding a baby bunny.
Last week I shared with you that the new doctor that I visited told me that I had been drinking TOO MUCH water. Who knew?! It had been my goal to drink at least 64 oz. of water each day. He had encouraged me to cut my water intake in half, and to drink the rest as Gatorade. I stocked on enough Gatorade for a soccer team, and I was ready for my week!
I limited my water to 32 oz. each day, and it was amazing how quickly I used it up! A cup of Earl Grey in the morning, some ice water, another cup of tea in the afternoon….Poof! It was gone!
I drank 32 oz. of the G-stuff each day. I try to avoid sugars most of the time, so it was kind of a shock to my taste buds to be drinking something so sweet – but it was enjoyable.
I’d like to make sure to keep my electrolytes elevated, but I think I’ll experiment this week with some natural ways to do this. I mentioned it on Instagram, and some friends had great ideas for me involving sea salts and coconut water! Do you know of anything else that I should keep in mind? No back pain so far. I’ll let you know next week how the experiment goes!
Last Week’s Goals ~
Drink only 32 oz. of water each day.
Drink 32 oz. of Gatorade each day!
- Sign up for summer improv classes with a friend! This still slipped my mind last week!
Get the empty dining room ready for my birthday surprise arriving this week! *happy Snoopy dance* It’s here!!!! I shared a sneak peek on Instagram and Facebook over the weekend. Stay tuned for a post this week about how this dream of mine came true!
Exercise at least three times. I’ve finally built up enough stamina in my hip to spend an hour on the elliptical machine! I did this twice this week. I also ran with my oldest son, Camden, on a track for the first time since surgery! Since my surgeon gave me the go-ahead to begin running, I have only been able to run on soft ground. I was to work my way up to running on a track, and then on a road/sidewalk. It was only one mile on the track, and my hip grumbled a little afterwards, but it was a start!
Take my vitamins every morning.
Don’t be so hard on myself – find ways to give myself a little grace. This applies to so many areas in my life right now. Not being hard on myself as I became a beginner runner again, when I’m tired, when I’m afraid of the unknown – I’m learning to go a little easier on myself and treat myself as I would one of my boys.
Get back to researching and writing more of my side project.
Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair by 2200 most nights. Not on the stairs, where Quinn crashed after a birthday party.
- Take care of my rough winter feet. Yuck. I need to get them ready for flip-flop weather!
This Week’s Goals ~
- Drink plenty of water this week, and add sea salt to keep up my electrolytes. Maybe try coconut water!
- Exercise at least three times.
- Tackle more of my side writing project.
- Ask my friend what kind of mascara she uses. I’ve always admired her looooong lashes. I know it’s genetic, but I still want to know what brand of mascara she uses. My CoverGirl Outlast tube is about gone.
- Get up at 0530 every morning to write, exercise, and have a head start on my day.
- Participate in the #StyleMeMay fashion challenge on Instagram. I’ve had blast in April’s challenge, and I can’t wait to see what fun things are in store for May! It’s free, and all it takes is some creativity with the clothes that one already has in their closet!
- Take care of my rough winter feet. *shudder* How do you get your footsies flip-flop ready?
- Do two things on the list of activities that I enjoy.
- Don’t be so hard on myself – find ways to give myself a little grace.
- Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair by 2200 at night.
I would love to keep in touch this week as we work together to take better care of ourselves! You can find me on Facebook and Instagram, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest group board ~ Taking Care of Ourselves!