I’m so sorry that I am a day late with my list of goals! I spent the weekend (and yesterday) out of town with my Beloved. We had a lovely time together – watching movies, walking, talking, and eating yummy food. He grills the world’s best steak!
Anyway, I had a fascinating appointment with a doctor that I was sent to about my back last week. He manipulated (crunched) my back, and it already felt worlds better! He also had some insight to what might be causing all of my painful back spasms…
I might be drinking too much water!
He said that I may be flushing the potassium that I need right out of my system by drinking too much water every day. He gave me a plan to get the needed salt and sugar back in my diet – less water, more Gatorade and salt. I’m supposed to cut my water intake in half, and drink the other 32 ounces of fluid from Gatorade. I’m also supposed to eat a handful of nuts, saltines, chips…something salty.
I’m going to make these changes, keep doing my stretches, using the foam roller, and my Memory Foam pillow – and hopefully the spasms will be gone!
Last Week’s Goals ~
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water each day. I did this every day through Friday, when I went to see my doctor.
Take my vitamins every morning. Check! Still taking my Shaklee vitamins!
- Sign up to take an improv class this summer. Oh no! I forgot to sign up… I’ll do it first thing this week.
See the doctor about my back.
Don’t be so hard on myself – find ways to give myself a little grace. Write out some of the encouraging things that I tell my boys, and start telling them to myself. This is so new to me – telling myself encouraging things – that I think I’ll do it again.
Care for my hands and nails. I tried out my new polish – Essie’s Naughty Nautical!
I have to show you a full shot of this outfit. I used my birthday coupon from World Market to get this tunic on sale – and I love it!
Continue doing things on my list of activities that I’ve always loved. I worked more on my puzzle, read, listened to an audio book and music on my road trip, played games with the boys, and more.
- Exercise at least three times. I only worked out twice this week. I need to think of a better exercise schedule so I can add another session or two each week.
- Get back to researching and writing more of my side project. Sadly, I just couldn’t make time for it last week.
Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair by 2200 most nights.
This week’s goals ~
- Drink only 32 oz. of water each day.
- Drink 32 oz. of Gatorade each day!
- Sign up for summer improv classes with a friend!
- Get the empty dining room ready for my birthday surprise arriving this week!
- Exercise at least three times.
- Take my vitamins every morning.
- Don’t be so hard on myself – find ways to give myself a little grace.
- Get back to researching and writing more of my side project.
- Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair by 2200 most nights.
- Take care of my rough winter feet. Yuck. I need to get them ready for flip-flop weather!
I would love to keep in touch this week as we work together to take better care of ourselves! You can find me on Facebook and Instagram, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest group board ~ Taking Care of Ourselves!
[inlinkz_linkup id=399441 mode=1]