Happy Monday, my friends! When I left you last week, I was nursing a muscle spasm that felt like back labor. My back has been getting a little better each day, but it’s still pretty sore. This is getting quite old. I’ll be taking it easy on myself again…and going back to the doctor this week for some tests this week. Even if you aren’t wrestling with back pain, I hope that you’ll take it easy on yourself, too!
Have you heard of Jamberry nail wraps? I’ve been so curious about them! Last week I mentioned that I had been given a sample of Jamberry wraps by my friend Anna. I used the simple instructions that were included in the kit to apply the wraps to my ring finger on each hand. Then I painted the rest of my nails OPI’s “An Affair in Red Square.”
They were much easier than I had originally thought that they would be. I only needed the items in the picture – and I was set. They stayed put for 11 days!
No question, these held up to life with three boys. I cooked, cleaned, scrubbed the shower, washed the dishes, and taught school while wearing them – and the wraps looked great.
When my OPI nails had seen better days, I finally removed the red polish, and then I set out to remove the wraps. The instructions suggested soaking the nails in coconut oil, and that worked beautifully. They came right up, and the adhesive washed off with just soap and water.
My friend Anna has a wonderful offer for you! She has offered to give a FREE half-sheet of wraps to anyone who books a Jamberry party with her! Just mention that you saw her offer here on Just One of the Boys, and learn more by checking out her Jamberry site or emailing her at email@example.com. If you have been curious about Jamberry like I was, this is the perfect time to try them, too!
Last Week’s Goals ~
- Drink at least 64oz. of water each day. I drank enough water all but two days this week!
Take it easy on my back. Thankfully, my back feels a little bit better each day. It no longer feels like I’m having back labor, but it still hurts. I finally found a position where my back doesn’t hurt, and this is where I shall stay!
- Continue oil pulling at least 3 times this week. I only did this a couple of times this week. It’s still really gross, but I’m hoping that I get used to it.
Light a scented candle and remind myself to slow down during the day.
- Fix myself a cup of camomile tea each evening before bed. I did this most of the week, but I forgot a couple of nights until it was too late. I need to do this a little sooner in the evening this week. I didn’t snap a photo of my evening tea, but I did share this photo of my Russian Gzhel tea stein on Instagram. Some mornings require a pint of Earl Grey!
Remember my vitamins every day.
Give myself a mini-facial here at home – use steam to open up pores, maybe apply a face mask, etc.
- Curl up in bed or on the Story Chair with a book by 2200. (No more late night blogging in bed!) I was in bed this early all but one night last week when I was met my friend Jeri for dinner and tea. We laughed, we cried, and before I knew it – 4 hours had passed! Here are the books that I curled up with this week:
Care for my nails. Watch and see how the Jamberry wraps continue to hold up, keep using cuticle balm, and moisturize my hands often.
Give myself a little grace this week while I’m trying to get back on my feet.
This Week’s Goals ~
- Drink at least 64oz. of water each day.
- Take my new vitamins each morning. My friend Erin gave a month of Shaklee vitamins to try. I’ve heard wonderful things about these women’s vitamins, and I’m excited to try them!
- Write Chapter 11 of Our Story.
- Exercise three times this week.
- Care for my hands – push back cuticles, file nails, remember to use lotion, and polish my nails before the military ball this weekend!
- Make an follow-up appointment with my doctor about my back.
- Use my new foam roller to help ease my back pain.
- Make a list of some of the things or activities that I’ve always wanted to try – clear back to when I was a little girl.
- Turn off all screens at 10pm this week.
- Be curled up in bed or on the Story Chair by 2200 this week – except for this weekend.
I would love to keep in touch this week as we work together to take better care of ourselves! You can find me on Facebook and Instagram, and don’t forget to check out our Pinterest group board ~ Taking Care of Ourselves!
[inlinkz_linkup id=392000 mode=1]