Twitterature ~ March 2014 Edition

*Happy Snoopy Dance!* It’s that time again…time to come together and share which books we’ve been reading so far this month! February was my first time to join Modern Mrs. Darcy’s Twitterature link-up, and I couldn’t wait to do it again this month! Be sure to check out all of the great Twitterature link-ups at her place this month. I’m going to fix myself a cup of Earl Grey, grab a cozy blanket, and check them out right now!

Finished so far ~

Undaunted, by Christine Caine – Wow. This book came recommended to me by my friend Crystal, and after I watched Caine’s powerful talk from the IF Conference, I knew that I had to read it. Inspiring, convicting, and uplifting! #MustRead

Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year, by Anne Lamott – Thoroughly enjoyed this early Lamott treasure. She was the pioneer for mom bloggers – journaling and sharing the ups and downs of her son’s first year. #ClassicAnneLamott #TellsItLikeItIs #TheFirstYearIsHard #SoAreAllTheOtherYears

bookshelf6

P.S. Superman and Anne Lamott go together like peas and carrots on my bookshelf. Kindred spirits, I tell ya.

The Buddha in the Attic, by Julie Otsuka – Holy cow. This one came recommended to my by my friend Jeri. I had heard the book mentioned before, but now I get what all of the fuss is about. Sweeping. Haunting. Raw. The storytelling is like no other book that I have ever read. *IfYouRead1NovelThisMonth #MakeItThisOne

Twitterature2

Currently reading ~

The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion – Positively adoring this book so far! I hope to finish it up this weekend. #Wife Project #SheldonCooperCouldveWrittenThisBook

Twitterature1

My Sergei, by Ekaterina Gordeeva – I’m rounding out my March selection of books with an old favorite. A box of Kleenex and a snuggly blanket are must-have accessories while reading the beautiful love story between these two Olympic gold medal pair skaters. #Sniffle #MissWatchingThemSkate #ThisBookNeverGetsOld

Twitterature

That’s what I’ve been up to so far in March. What have you been reading this month? I would love to hear all about it. There’s nothing I love more than adding titles to my GoodReads list! I enjoy making new literary kindred spirits, so feel free to “friend” me on GoodReads!

Here’s to a wonderful, book-filled rest of the month!

*hugs*

~ Ginger

*This post contains affiliate links.

• Love reading what you’re reading! I’ll definitely put that Buddha one on my to-read list. I haven’t read enough this month to do a Twitterature post. =( (that thing about the first year being hard, and all the other ones too? Yeah.)

I can’t wait to hear what you think of Buddha in the Attic. I really have never read anything quite like it! And oh yes…I hear you about how all the years are hard. The problems don’t go away – they just grow up with the kids! 🙂

• Jeannie says:

I read “My Sergei” and loved it, too. I am waiting for The Rosie Project on my library holds list. The Buddha in the Attic sounds like something I should add to that list as well.

I really miss watching Gordeeva and Grinkov skate, and I’m so happy to find someone else who also loved her book! 🙂 I’d love to hear what you think of The Rosie Project and The Buddha in the Attic! Thank you so much for stopping by – I hope you have a great week!

• Marilyn says:

The Buddha in the Attic sounds really good… and The Rosie Project makes me want to hug myself, it’s so good. 🙂

Hiya Marilyn! Yes, wasn’t Rosie such a sweet book?! I want more of their story! Thank you so much for stopping by – I hope you have a great week!

• MJ says:

I love Anne Lamott and count Operating Instructions among my favorites! I just finished The Rosie Project and it was so cute – I hope you enjoy the ending as much as I did. I just added The Buddha in the Attic to my reading list – it sounds wonderful.

Hiya, MJ! I absolutely loved the ending! I hope that the author continues their story someday. Such lovable characters! Anne Lamott is becoming a favorite of mine as well. I hope you enjoy The Buddha in the Attic as much as I did! Thank you so much for stopping by – Happy reading! 🙂

• Anna says:

I read The Rosie Project last month and loved it – could barely put it down. Yes, it could have been written by Sheldon Cooper. 😀

Hehe! I’m so glad that you agree, Anna! I kept hearing Jim Parsons’s voice as I was reading the book. 🙂 Thank you so very much for stopping by – Happy reading this month!

• Alison says:

Loved the Rosie Project–it was a delight. Definitely checking out the Buddha in the Attic now! What a recommendation!

• Heidi says:

I just requested The Buddha in the Attic from our library. I’ve never heard of it before, but can’t ignore a recommendation like that. Can’t wait to get my hands on the Rosie Project!

Good morning, Heidi! I’m so happy that you stopped by! I hope that you enjoy the books as much as I did – they were very different, but I enjoyed both of them immensely! Hope you have a great week – happy reading!

• I definitely agree with Heidi’s comment above… putting this on my to read list!

Hi Steph! I’m so glad that you stopped by! I loved reading both of these books, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 🙂 Happy reading!

• Rachel says:

This is my first round of Twitterature and I’m having the same reaction you had last month. So fun! Can’t wait for April 🙂

• Breanne says:

Great list, Ginger!! I’m adding The Rosie Project and The Buddha in the Attic to my list, thanks! P.S. Loved the hashtags- I laughed out loud reading this post.

Hiya Breanne! I’m so excited that you stopped by. 🙂 Thank you for your sweet comments! I generally don’t use hashtags anywhere else on social media, but I had fun thinking up ways to use them with the book reviews! 🙂 I hope that you enjoy the books as much as I did – Happy reading!

• Becca says:

Oh, wow, The Buddha in the attic sounds amazing! Adding to my reading list. Ditto on the quality hash tags 🙂

Hi there, Becca! I am so thrilled that you stopped by! I hope that you enjoy Buddha in the Attic as much as I did – keep me posted! 🙂 Happy reading!

I just put a hold on The Buddha in the Attic via my library’s online reservation system. That’s quite a recommendation, Ginger. Operating Instructions is on my list. Working my way through Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith now. Anne Lamott is rocking my world right now.

Hey, Shana! I hope you like the book as much as I did. Anne Lamott rocks my socks 🙂 Love reading her take on life, grace, prayer, and motherhood! Now I want to read her book about her grandchild!

• Dawn says:

Just put The Buddha in the Attic on hold at the library. I am looking forward to something raw and compelling. Thanks for the rec!

Hiya, Dawn! I just checked out your lovely blog. I love the setup! I hope you enjoy The Buddha in the attic as much as I did – have a wonderful week!

• Love your list! I read Operating Instructions recently and loved your comment about her paving the way for mommy bloggers 😉 So true!

I was a huge figure skating buff as a kid and remember being so sad about Sergei.

Reading her book sounded like reading a really great blogger – and I realized that her book took place over 20 years ago! She was the first one to tell it like it is when it comes to mommyhood – warts and all. 🙂 Katya and Sergei were my favorite skaters growing up – and I’m so happy to know that you are another fan! I knew you were a kindred spirit 🙂

• Cassie says:

Isn’t The Rosie Project the best! I will definitely have to read Buddha in the Attic, it sounds great. Thanks for the tip.

Hiya Cassie! I am so happy that you stopped by! I hope you enjoy Buddha in the Attic as much as I did. It really is unlike anything that I have ever read. Happy reading!

• Thanks for inviting me to link up! 🙂

• I have GOT to get The Rosie Project! I’ll have to try My Sergei as well-I loved watching them skate too! So many books, so little time, right? 🙂

Yes! Please do get The Rosie Project! It was such a sweet escape and adorable story! 🙂 And I completely agree with you – so many books, so little time! 🙂

• Jillian Kay says:

Wow, what a great list! I’m going to read them all.

• […] reviewed a few of these in my Twitterature post. March was a great reading […]

• […] Here are the pages that I’ve been turning since last month’s link-up… […]