Happy Monday to you! How was your week? I can’t tell you how encouraged I was to read that some of you wanted to join me in taking better care of ourselves in Week 1! I felt like I had a wonderful community right alongside me – and I couldn’t wait to come back today and find out more about your week!
Last week I set 10 goals for myself…
Eat breakfast each morning this week. (My first attempt at a Dutch Baby pancake with berries)
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. (I drank enough water five days this week.)
- Be in bed with a book by 2230 – military time (I was able to do this all but two of the nights. One night I realized that my sheets were still in the dryer at 2230, and the other was when my Beloved was home for the weekend.)
Schedule a haircut (me-time) with the best hairstylist in the world! “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” ~ Coco Chanel
Call my favorite Tribal Woman, (the lovely lady who took the photograph above), for one last chat before she leaves on her trip to visit her family in New Zealand for 3 whole months! I don’t know how I shall endure without her. Hold me.
- Exercise 4 times this week – twice at the gym on machines and twice at home. (I exercised twice at home, but the winter storm kept us from getting to the gym this week. Does shoveling a driveway count as a workout?)
Make the time to paint my nails.
When tensions rise with kiddos, take a time-out-dance-party break.
Buy flowers for myself.
Take our boys to see Frozen (fun, relaxing family time). (Did anyone else cry during this movie?! Wowzers. I’m still processing the message of the movie. “Don’t let them in, don’t let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be…Let it go. Let it go.” I guess that’s another post for another time!)
Not too bad for my first week, but I can see where I need to focus a bit more on exercise and drinking enough water.
This week I have set up a few more goals for taking better care of myself:
- Continue eating breakfast every morning this week.
- Drink 8 glasses of water each day – must get better about this!
- Schedule a time to go see my counselor.
- Meet up with a friend.
- Exercise 4 times this week – twice at home and twice at the gym.
- Curl up in bed with a book by 2230 every night. (Check out my GoodReads list to see what I’m currently reading)
- Polish my fingers and toes.
- Roast marshmallows with the boys – just because.
- Take my vitamins daily.
- Play the piano three times this week.
We talked about our progress and I shared pictures on Facebook and Instagram this week. I would love to hear from you! Did you set aside time for yourself this week? Did you make time to exercise? Buy yourself flowers? Get a haircut? Did you read a great book? I would LOVE to hear about it! Knowing that I’m not doing this alone – well, y’all were a huge inspiration to me!
Let’s take care of ourselves this week – together!