You Are Not Alone ~

You Are Not Alone - justoneoftheboys.com

I see the flash of pain in your eyes as you talk about him. The passionate flame that once consumed your heart has burnt down to ashes. Sometimes if feels as if you are nothing more than roommates. You’ve read everything about rekindling the marriage spark that you can find. You’ve cried, prayed, and cried some more. You want him to see you, really see you, once again. No one can know how much your heart is breaking. You’re confused. Where did it all go wrong? It wasn’t supposed to be this way. You feel unappreciated, used, unloved. And oh, so lonely.

My friend, you are not alone.

Your heart stops for just a second as you scroll through the newsfeed. Another friend is having a baby. The emptiness inside of you swells until it feels like it may swallow you whole. That place beneath your heart aches to feel the flutter of life. She doesn’t know the pain that her news has has given you. She can’t know. It’s not her fault. You really are happy for her, but your arms ache to hold your own little treasure and never let go. You feel broken, ashamed, and so very lonely.

Dearest, you are not alone.

You stand and watch the bride float her way down the aisle. The looks on their faces say it all – they have found their happily ever after. You hear them recite their vows, looking down at your own hand, where a golden promise no longer graces your finger. Your fairy tale is no more. It has been so long since you felt a hand on the small of your back. So very long since you could lean on someone and feel their loving arms around you. You will away your own pain as you look around at the crowd of family and friends, couples holding hands and wiping away happy tears. You are slowly healing, but loneliness creeps in.

Beautiful One, you are not alone.

Every minute of every hour, your thoughts are half a world away. He kissed you goodbye, then boarded the plane that would take him to his next mission. Deployment. Worried about him, you try to stay busy while waiting for his next phone call. The lawnmower breaks. The check engine light comes on in the car. There goes the hot water heater. You greet each morning with the weight of the world on your shoulders. School plays, church services, holidays – he is missing everything. You put one foot in front of the other, marching through the day alone. You feel weak, but you are strong. You feel vulnerable and scared, but you are a force to be reckoned with. You feel so lonesome for your beloved.

Brave Sister, you are not alone.

You feel like giving up. The house is a disaster area. You think that maybe you should change out of your pajamas before your husband gets home. Everyone is hungry, but you haven’t even thought about dinner. Maybe you will have cereal again. Your kids are fighting and whining, and you just can’t take it anymore. Your patience and your energy ran out hours ago. You haven’t had a good night’s sleep in longer than you can remember. You need a nap, a shower, and a back rub – but for now, you’ll have to settle for a sip of reheated coffee. You’re just trying to survive, trying to keep your head above water. You feel horrible for thinking it, but if only you can make it until bedtime… No one can see you like this. You feel like a failure. Mama said there’d be days like this, but she never told you how lonely you would feel.

Precious Girl, you are not alone.

There are people who care, and there are those who are fighting in the arena right alongside with you. What battles are you facing right now? However dark the storm you are going through, however lonely you feel – please remember something…

You are not alone.

You will never be alone.

Love,

~ Ginger

*Photo is courtesy of NZ Portraits by Joanne

Linking up today with Holley Gerth’s encouraging series – Coffee for Your Heart and Jennifer Dukes Lee’s #TellHisStory series.

• Mel says:

Such beautiful reminders today…I’m so thankful for my Father, for community, and that He blesses us so we don’t have to walk this journey alone. Blessings on your day!

Thank you so much, Mel, for your encouraging comments! Yes, isn’t it such a wonderful gift that He has given us sisters to walk beside us on this journey? Thank you for stopping by – Isn’t this the best series? I love it!

• jdukeslee says:

Beautiful encouragement for weary, lonely souls. God bless you in your word-ministry here. You shine.

Jennifer, thank you so very much for stopping by to visit today. I loved finding your website and #TellHisStory! Thank you for letting me be a small part of that this week!

• Amy says:

Ginger this is beautiful. Thank you for the reminder that no matter the circumstance, we are called BELOVED and stand together, holding hands to face things brave.

Amy, I am thrilled that you stopped by today! Thank you so much for your encouraging words – Yes! We are His beloved, and He gave us the wonderful gift of friends to walk with us on our journey. I really appreciated your sweet comment – *hugs to you*

• Thank you for your encouraging words, Ginger! Reading your words is a gift.

Oh Sarah, your kind note really made my day. Thank you so very much! It was my hope, as with all of my posts, that someone would be touched or encouraged today. And a huge thank you for tweeting about it on Twitter! I’m still so new to it, but it means the world to me that you would share it with others! Hope you’re having a great week!

• Somer says:

This was powerful and beautiful…i know women in all these seasons right now…and every heart truly does know its own pain. Thankful that you validated and encouraged many different women today!

Thank you so much, Somer, for stopping by. Your kind words were such an encouragement to me. I had hoped that it would touch someone going through one of those times. I’ve been there, and I know others are, too. *hugs*

• Holley Gerth says:

Thank you for this beautiful reminder that we’re not alone! So glad you linked up with Coffee for Your Heart this week! XO

Hi Holley! Than you so much for your kind words – they were such an encouragement to me! Coffee for Your Heart has been so touching and inspiring. Thank you so much for giving us the chance to read all of these great stories, and the ability to share our stories with others! *hugs*

• Jennifer says:

As I sit researching 5th grade math to help my son with homework my mind wandering I dabble in Pinterest…this made me cry. My husband is deployed, again, for a year. My son is at training for a month in prep to deploy, my teens barely have time for me while I struggle to keep afloat. Every paragraph you wrote touched me. THANK YOU!

• Tanya says:

Thank you for sharing and linking up to #throwbackthursdaylinkup! I could relate to a lot of those scenarios. I have struggled with fibromyalgia for many years and also lost my firstborn due to an illness. I have felt alone, but I know now I never was. God has always sent people in my life to help support me just when I think I can’t go on. It’s a small world. I just recently found out about Holley Gerth and am devouring her books! She has been such an encouragement to me. You may enjoy this post on a similar topic. http://www.myfruitfulhome.com/2014/01/help-for-overwhelmed-moms.html. Have a great day and come link up again!

• Sometimes we have to step back and hear another person’s story to realize that our life is better than we realize. When I consider those who have lost children, have husbands who are deployed, have cancer and other things I realize I need to stop being so selfish about it being “all about me.” Sending love and prayers to those going through difficult situations. Thanks for sharing on #throwbackthursdaylinkup