Let me count the ways ~

Have y’all seen the new thing going around Facebook recently, where you you list several things that others might not know about you? I love reading those memes, but since I don’t find myself incredibly interesting, I hardly ever play along…until now. I started thinking about a few of the things that make me – me – and came up with a sort of Top Ten list of things that you might not know about me, just in case you like these kinds of things, too.

Here goes!

~ I despise, detest, gag on anything flavored with “ginger.” Kind of crazy, considering my name really is Ginger. *shudder*
~ People used to ask my mom which country I was from – as in from where was I adopted. I don’t think she was pleased about that at the time, but I hear quite often that I look like her now!

~ I almost always read the last page of a book first, and if I like what I see I’ll go ahead and read the book. Is this cheating? Nope. I think it’s being choosy!
~ The only acceptable uses for milk are for dunking Oreos or pouring over a piece of chocolate cake! Yum!

~ I know everything that my kids think, say, or do… Or at least theyΒ think I do, and I’m perfectly fine letting them believe that. The bubble will burst eventually.

~ Belle may have fallen in love with the Beast (in the Disney movie), but I fell in love with his library! Be still, my beating heart!

bandblibrary

~ My first memory is of my 2nd birthday.
~ Peanut butter is my favorite food on the planet, but I have two sons allergic to peanuts – so I can’t keep it in the house. And it saddens me to know that they will never know the creamy, delicious goodness of Peanut Butter M&Ms!

~ I have married every man that I have ever dated – Wait, that sounds bad…I just mean that I have only dated two guys…ever. My ex and my Beloved. And I’m okay with that. I like to think that I lived vicariously through watching Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha’s escapades (and their closets!) over the years without the added boy-drama!

~ I get nervous about every.single.blog.post that I write. I can’t thank each of you enough for coming to my little corner of the blogging world, sharing a few minutes of your day with me, and for your comments, likes, and shares! Your support and encouragement continues to mean the world to me!!!

What about you? I would love to know something about you! What crazy little facts make you – YOU? It would make my day to hear all about it!

Hoping that you a most fabulous Thanksgiving week!

Love,

G

• Ana says:

I read the ends of books first too! I have a hard time not finishing a book, even if I don’t care for it. So I’d rather not start one and invest my time, only to be disappointed by the end!

Yay! I’m not the only one who sneaks a peek at the back of the book! πŸ™‚ I’m glad to know that I’m in good company! I used to have a hard time not finishing a book, but now I’m not quite as pressed to finish books that lag for me. I’ll usually flip through the book, skimming the pages, but there are SO many books on my to-read list (and so little time to actually read them) that I just don’t want to stick with a dud! πŸ™‚ It’s taken me a long time to get here. πŸ˜‰ I’m so glad that you stopped by today!

• Becky says:

I’ll read the first few pages of a book, just enough to “meet” the characters, and then skip to the end. If it’s a new book in a series I just go straight to the last page. Gotta make sure it ends the way I want it to!

Oooh! That sounds like a great strategy! And that is exactly why I read the end – gotta make sure it’s worth reading all the way to the end, and that I’m a happy reader! πŸ˜‰ I am so happy that you stopped by today – and it’s so cool to know something new about you! πŸ™‚

• Ruth says:

I still have two baby teeth that never fell out. =)

Ginger,
    I work really hard at listening to people; to try to understand where they are at. I like to encourage others and look for ways to do so. I like doing special things for people anonymously. I grew up a farm boy. Most of what I learn comes from reading. I am certified to teach Franklin Covey’s Time Management course. I like all things Science Fiction especially stories dealing with time travel.

• My sister just had a baby and everyone says the same thing — did Mary adopt a baby from China? Wasn’t she pregnant? It’s really just that she has jet black hair and a bit of an olive complexion, kinda like you as a baby! =). Let’s see… Something unusual about me. I love Lima beans. I have knit at least 7 adult-sized sweaters. I lived in Spain for a year. My second toe is longer than my big toe. =)

Haha! So my mom isn’t the only one who was asked that! πŸ™‚ I still have the Mexican olive-tone to my skin, but it’s not as dark as I’ve become older. I have freckles now! πŸ™‚ I love your list – Spain for a year? Awesome! It’s on my must-see list. And I wish that I could knit – YAY for you!

• I feel the same way about the Beast’s library. Sigh. Someday I’ll have a house with a library! (And hitting publish on my blog posts? Terrifies me every time!)

Yes, a library is definitely on my wish list as well! πŸ™‚ You get nervous about publishing posts, too? I’m so glad that I’m not alone in this as a blogger! πŸ™‚